Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Splash Day 2011
When Sinbad splashed into the water I scrambled below to make sure no water was coming in. Thankfully there wasn't. When the boat was on the hard I repacked the rudder post, replaced the raw water hoses on the engine and drilled a couple of holes and mounted a new dyna plate below the water line for the SSB (some day we will buy one). All were spots for water to enter the boat if I screwed up.
The engine fired right up and again I hustled below to make sure nothing was leaking. No leaks.....cool! Not only had I replaced the raw water lines, I had replaced the transmission heat exchanger, all the engine coolant hoses and rebuilt the coolant heat exchanger. Life was good!
Time to head down the river toward Saginaw Bay.